meeting someone at birmingham airport
If you're meeting someone at birmingham airport follow this 5 step plan:
1. Check to see if the flight is on time by using one of the following sources of arrivals information for birmingham airport:
(a) online - from the birmingham airport website at www.bhx.co.uk
(b) over the telephone on: +44 (0)870 733 5511
(c) via the TV - BBC1 / 2 Ceefax on page 449 or ITV Teletext on page 192
2. Head for birmingham airport using the directions on our birmingham airport directions page.
3. Assuming you don't plan to be at the airport for more than 4 hours, park in the short term car parking at birmingham airport (for more informaton see the birmingham airport parking page).
4. Head for the arrivals area (on the ground floor) of the relevant terminal - either Terminal 1 (the main terminal) for all charter flights and most scheduled traffic, or Terminal 2 for BA and its franchise partners.
For a full breakdown of which airline flies from which terminal at birmingham airport see the airline contact details page. The 'millennium link' (bridge) connects the two terminals.
5. Check the flight status on the information boards in the arrivals area.
If the monitor still shows 'Expected...', the plane hasn't landed and you have time to browse around the airport shops or have a coffee.
Once the status shows 'Landed at...', allow 25 - 40 minutes from the 'landed at' time for passengers to start coming through the arrivals gate.
If the staus shows 'baggage in hall' or 'in customs' you need to be waiting for your guests at the gate.
From touchdown to clearing their baggage, the customs area and coming through into the arrivals hall at birmingham airport, generally takes 40 - 50 minutes for international flights. Domestic flights and flights clearing through the Eurohub generally take slightly less time.